It's after Labor Day. Time to start prepping for the holiday season
I know. I know. Christmas is still months away but it is not too early to start thinking about getting ready for the busiest season of the year as a business owner.
Here is a quick checklist.
- Look at your current sublimation blanks inventory and make a list of what you will need to order to get through until after Christmas. Don't forget to look at your ink, paper, and heat tape inventory as well.
- Check out you shipping supplies. Do you have enough boxes and envelops? If you use priority boxes, do you have a good supply. Last year they started to run out so don't wait to get some ordered.
- How are you packaging your items that are being purchased as gifts. Gift wrap makes a great upsell for your shop or website. If you are going to offer this feature, practice how you are going to wrap up items, take photos, and add them as an option. Many buyers love being able to ship a wrapped gift and are happy to pay $5 or so for something that looks nice.
- Decide if you are going to offer any sales or "free with purchase" items this holiday season to excite potential customers. If you plan now it is easier to make it happen when you are in the middle of the holiday rush.
- Consider planning out your social media posts now. Make videos, posts, and all those good things ahead of time. Get them scheduled earlier and then all you need to do is respond when someone comments.
- Last, but not least, consider how much joy your creations are going to bring to recipients. You never know if one of your creations will become a treasured family heirloom and be handed down from generation to generation. You are becoming apart of someone's story through the wonderful things you make. How amazing is that?
Happy Holiday prepping. We cannot wait to see photos of the wonderful things you are making in the Facebook group. Don't forget to share.